Feel nothing else like it
Introducing the hatch with day-to-day comfort and enough pep to make you sweat. Powerful yet still practical, it's a car you can use to commute to work one day, and take it to the track the next. The blood-pumping, spine-tingling, heart-racing iconic Golf GTI is the original and the best.Book a Test Drive
Bit of oomph to your everyday
What does 180kW of pure power at your feet feel like? Breathtaking? Heart-stopping? Hair-raising? Let's go with all three.Book a Test Drive
There are no interruptions to performance with 7 Speed DSG, utilising 2 separate gear sets with 2 clutches.
The 180kW 2.0L TSI Engine of the Golf GTI offers maximum performance, taking just 6.2 seconds to go from 0-100 km/h.
Sports running gear
The firm sports running gear of the Golf GTI is included as standard. It offers even more driving fun with excellent handling, making this sporty hatchback particularly comfortable. Activated through Driver Profile Selection, the adaptive suspension can be hardened or softened, along with throttle response and steering hardness, to suit your driving style.
The front differential lock and progressive power steering make driving on winding roads in your Golf GTI even more enjoyable. You'll get a kick out of enhanced driving dynamics, better traction and more direct steering control.
Subtlety is just not the Golf GTI's forte. Sporty, aggressive, but never obnoxious, you're guaranteed to turn heads.Book a Test Drive
The Golf GTI dons some subtle, and not-so-subtle features that will turn heads as you drive by. The bumper and lower air intake are paired with striking side louvres, complementing the familiar and iconic honeycomb grille.
Expect nothing else than the highest-quality features in the Golf GTI. From the red stitched steering wheel and decorative inserts to the Clark tartan sports seats and stainless-steel pedals, everything inside the GTI is sporty, striking and committed to tradition.
Overseas model shown.
Command the tarmac
The dynamic standard and 18" Mitlon Keynes alloy wheels2 impressively underline the sporty nature of the Golf GTI. They even allow for the striking red brake callipers to be shown off.
You can’t rule the road with power alone. Packed full of useful technology, the Golf GTI is more than just a head rush.Book a Test Drive
Driven to the beat
The GTI's console features an 8-inch Discover Media Infotainment and Navigation system with App-Connect4, so you can seamlessly pump your own beats through the impressive car sound system.
Active Info Display
Say hello to digital with the Active Info Display5. The GTI replaces the traditional instruments that sit behind the steering wheel, with a 12.3” high-definition digital screen offering configurable views for navigation, driver assistance and vehicle performance functions.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Keeps your distance
Adaptive Cruise Control6 lets you set the speed you want to travel, and the distance you want to leave between you and the car in front, making those long-haul drives so much easier.
It's not magic, it's Keyless Access7. The keyless car entry system is easier than pressing a button. Just approach your vehicle with the keys in your pocket and the car will automatically unlock. Once inside, you can fire up the engine with just a push of a button.
Feel the drive in the new Golf GTI TCR
The limited-edition Golf GTI TCR is here to take performance driving to the next level. Inspired by the TCR (Touring Car Racing) global motorsport series, it’s our most powerful GTI and one of the quickest-accelerating production hatchbacks on the street. After successfully proving itself on the track, it’s now ready for the road. But with only a limited number available, you’ll want to be lightening quick. Go on, feel it.Book a Test Drive
The 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers 213kW of power, with peak torque arriving from just 1800rpm. It’ll launch you from 0-100 in 5.7 seconds - so you know you’re going to feel it. This bespoke, high-performance variant has been specially tuned with the track in mind. The Adaptive Chassis Control is firmer in Sport mode and the suspension is lowered a further 5mm for even more focused performance handling. This additional capability is supported by the inclusion of the performance front brake system and the modified exhaust system provides the TCR with a purposeful note.
Performance never looked better
The GTI’s motorsport-inspired exterior features unique black honeycomb decals that stand out on a choice of three colours; Pure Grey unique to the TCR, Pure White and Tornado Red. Aerodynamic performance is enhanced by gloss black rear roof lip spoiler, aggressive rear diffuser, body side sill extensions and front splitter. And as you step inside, the TCR logo projected onto the road greets you on arrival, showing off the 19" Reifnitz alloy wheels in Matte Black.
Performance felt from within
As soon as you grip the perforated leather steering wheel with red 12-o’clock mark, you’re ready for action. Sink back into the microfleece and sports cloth combination sports seats in unique TCR trim, while the optional panoramic glass sunroof takes in the view. Be immersed in iconic red GTI trim covering the seat belts and floor mats, Alcantara® door trim inserts and gearshift for that distinct motorsport look.
Features & Colours
Customise Your Choice
Features of GTI
- Active Info Display with customisable menus and information
- Alloy wheels (Milton Keynes) 18"
- Adaptive chassis control with Driving profile selection
- GTI body styling
- Front differential lock
- Anti-theft alarm system
Choose your exterior colour
Features of GTI TCR
- Alloy wheels (Reifnitz, matte black) 19’’
- Performance front brake system
- LED headlights with dynamic cornering lights and dynamic light assist
- Sports cloth/Microfleece seat upholstery
- LED Tail Lights with dynamic indicators
- Dark tinted rear and side windows
- Runout model, stocks are strictly limited
Choose your exterior colour
Volkswagen Terms & Conditions
- 1. Payload is defined as the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) minus the Kerb Mass. Payload is the maximum combined weight of occupants, cargo, added structures and tow ball down weight (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded.
- 2. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
- 3. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
- 4. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
- 5. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
- ^ Manufacturers recommended retail price (MRRP)
- * Manufacturer's recommended driveaway price (MRDP) for new MY20 vehicles sold and delivered by 30/6/2020. MRDP is an estimated price which includes the recommended retail price, 12 months private registration, 12 months compulsory third party insurance (CTP), an estimated dealer delivery charge, stamp duty, options entered during the configuration process, and other applicable statutory charges. Actual prices and stock availability will vary between locations and dealers, and on-road costs will vary according to individual circumstances. Please contact your local Volkswagen Dealer to confirm your individual price and vehicle lead-time. Excludes other offers. Volkswagen reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers.